Congregational Council Updates
A brief look at issues discussed and actions taken by the Congregation Council at their monthly meetings.
Sunday, January 28; 12:00pm
*Note for those participating via Zoom: Each connected device may only be connected with one voting member of the congregation. Voting will be available via the “polling” function on Zoom and each logged-in device may cast only one vote per ballot. Please “rename” your device to reflect the voting member’s name. If there are multiple people in your household wishing to be counted and cast a ballot, additional devices (computers, tablets, or phones) will need to login to the meeting.
The proposed agenda for the meeting is as follows:
- Call to Order
- Opening Invocation
- Establishment of the Quorum
- Approval of the Minutes for June, 2023 Semi-Annual Meeting (link below)
- Leadership Reports
- Michael Stetzler, President
- Peter Christ, Lead Pastor
- Treasurer, Arjun Sethi
- Steve Sveom, Campus Planning Task Force Chair (full committee report below)
- Old Business
- Updates to the Constitution, 2nd Vote (link below)
- New Business
- Updates to the Bylaws (clarifications and revisions to organizational structure – link below)
- Motion from the Finance Team re: Formally dedicating Diestler Estate funds to cover recent renovations of the roof and the remaining balance of parking lot replacement.
- Election of Congregational Leaders (proposed slate below)
- Adjournment & Closing Prayer
There was an Information & Listening session on Sunday, January 21 during the Sunday Forum. CLICK HERE for more information and to watch the recording of this conversation.
Links to Meeting Materials:
Sunday, January 28; 12:00pm Dear congregation, On January 28, 2024 you will be asked to vote on amendments to the constitution and bylaws. The attached documents detail these changes. You previously voted to adopt these constitutional amendments. The only changes are...
The main work of the congregation council on December 12 was to review and recommend actions on our constitution and bylaws in preparation for our semi-annual congregation meeting. The following actions were taken. A motion to approve an amended policy on use of our...
From Michael Stetzer, Congregational Council President The primary focus of the congregational council at the November 14 meeting was a review of Prince of Peace’s continuing resolutions, which have not been updated since 2011. Our current continuing resolutions...
No formal actions were taken at the October 10, 2023 meeting of the Congregation Council, but several important issues were discussed. Campus Planning Task Force Steve Sveom submitted a written report to the Council. The report summarized the task force meeting on...