Victoria & Cty Road C
Sunday Worship Schedule:
8:30am & 10:45am
Sunday School and Adult Forum at 9:40am
Welcome to Prince of Peace!
Jesus reached out to all! We too are a place that welcomes all people, from every walk of life and irrespective of any discrimination. We are a thoughtful people, caring for one another by applying our faith to daily life.
It’s our mission to be claimed, gathered and sent by God to build the church and love the world.
To see this made real, we will deepen our sense of how God’s story and activity shape life and co-create with God to practice transforming love in the world.
The ministries of Prince of Peace support the spiritual growth of all ages, build community with one another, and foster service beyond our own congregation.
We believe that each person has God-given skills and compassion, and that each person is called in their daily life to put this skill and compassion to use for the good of God’s creation. As we seek to follow the way of Jesus, we shape our congregational worship, education, and ministries in ways that grow out of our faith and that are relevant to the realities of daily life.
We believe that all of our ministries — including our children’s, youth, adult, and music ministries — are integral to the Prince of Peace Community. Family activities provide opportunities for children, youth, and parents/mentors as described in our various programs pages.
Our knowledge about Christian teaching and history gives shape to experiencing the presence of God in our lives. Prince of Peace nurtures a sense of a loving and gracious God that is always with us.
Prince of Peace programs offer many opportunities for spiritual formation, including:
- Adult Forum, which provides various discussions about our Christian faith;
- Book Studies, discussing books of common interest that enlighten our faith;
- Women’s Bible Studies, in which several circles meet using the Bible study in Lutheran Women Today magazine;
- Devotions, activities as provided by the Luther Seminary;
- Sunday Christian Education for our youth to learn more about the faith;
- Confirmation to continue that journey; and
- Summer Programs to examine faith within the context of God’s creation.