Missions & Outreach
We at Prince of Peace live out our mission and ministry together both locally and globally.
Missions & Outreach
Three of our major programs for mission and outreach are our Tanzanian Mission, our work with Habitat for Humanity, and our Befrienders’ Ministry. In addition, we participate in many other local and global missions.
Local mission partners include:
- Roseville Area Middle School (RAMS) mini food shelf stocked with ready to eat and easily prepared foods, as well as hygiene items and school supplies.
- Central Park Elementary and RAMS. This is a weekend food program coordinated through the Sheridan Story. Volunteer to help at this SignUp Genius Page.
- Equal Exchange/Fair Trade Coffee, Cocoa, and Chocolate. Please support the Lutheran World Relief Coffee project. Coffee is available at the church office, sold at our cost.
- Food for Friends is Prince of Peace’s program which serves a meal to those in need in our community.
- Growing Through Loss
- Keystone Community Services Food Shelf in Roseville
- Lyngblomsten – Assisted Living facility in St. Paul
- Meals on Wheels: we deliver on the 3rd Monday of every month, contact Marie Hanson at 651-631-3565
- Plymouth Christian Youth Center
- Troop 150, Boy Scouts of America and a Girl Scout Troup meet at our facility.
Global mission partners include:
Kenya – Julia Harrington
Julia is based out of Nairobi, Kenya. She specializes in ministering to street children and AIDS/HIV patients in the slums of Kenya. She has spent time in Northern Kenya ministering to the Samburu people. She has also worked with widows in Kenya, helping them market their handicrafts to earn income. In addition to her work with the “Heart-to-Heart” ministries to street children, she provides orientation and training to incoming missionaries to Kenya.
Flu Shots will be offered at Prince of Peace Church Sunday, Nov. 4, 9-11 a.m., by MN Visiting Nurses Assoc. (MVNA)/Hennepin Co Health Center. High Doses (for adults 65 years and older) will be available. Your Health Insurance will be billed by MVNA. Simply bring your Insurance information.
Sign-ups will be available in October. See Esther Tatley for info.
2019-20 Sheridan Story Food Distribution We continue to distribute weekend food at both Central Park Elementary and Roseville Area Middle...
The Prince of Peace Family once again responded to a plea from the food shelf for dried and canned beans. Gary Peterson delivered 267 pounds of beans to our now closest local food shelf at 1659 Rice Street. There are now only two Keystone food shelves. The third one...