Missions & Outreach
We at Prince of Peace live out our mission and ministry together both locally and globally.
Missions & Outreach
Three of our major programs for mission and outreach are our Tanzanian Mission, our work with Habitat for Humanity, and our Befrienders’ Ministry. In addition, we participate in many other local and global missions.
Local mission partners include:
- Roseville Area Middle School (RAMS) mini food shelf stocked with ready to eat and easily prepared foods, as well as hygiene items and school supplies.
- Central Park Elementary and RAMS. This is a weekend food program coordinated through the Sheridan Story. Volunteer to help at this SignUp Genius Page.
- Equal Exchange/Fair Trade Coffee, Cocoa, and Chocolate. Please support the Lutheran World Relief Coffee project. Coffee is available at the church office, sold at our cost.
- Food for Friends is Prince of Peace’s program which serves a meal to those in need in our community.
- Growing Through Loss
- Keystone Community Services Food Shelf in Roseville
- Lyngblomsten – Assisted Living facility in St. Paul
- Meals on Wheels: we deliver on the 3rd Monday of every month, contact Marie Hanson at 651-631-3565
- Plymouth Christian Youth Center
- Troop 150, Boy Scouts of America and a Girl Scout Troup meet at our facility.
Global mission partners include:
Kenya – Julia Harrington
Julia is based out of Nairobi, Kenya. She specializes in ministering to street children and AIDS/HIV patients in the slums of Kenya. She has spent time in Northern Kenya ministering to the Samburu people. She has also worked with widows in Kenya, helping them market their handicrafts to earn income. In addition to her work with the “Heart-to-Heart” ministries to street children, she provides orientation and training to incoming missionaries to Kenya.
There is no way to be the church that God imagines for Prince of Peace without the combined efforts of so many who volunteer their time, energy, and resources. It might be impossible to match the amount of our gratitude to your efforts, but we’re sure going to try!read more
On Tuesday, April 30, we’ll be joining our friends at Incarnation Lutheran Church in Shoreview for their annual “All Hands on Hope” MobilePack event to support Feed My Starving Children. Two ways to participate: join a packing team and/or donate to cover the cost of the ingredients.read more
Volunteers provide food in many ways, working with the food shelves at area Roseville Schools, with Feed My Starving Children, and Meals on Wheels.read more