Missions & Outreach
We at Prince of Peace live out our mission and ministry together both locally and globally.
Missions & Outreach
Three of our major programs for mission and outreach are our Tanzanian Mission, our work with Habitat for Humanity, and our Befrienders’ Ministry. In addition, we participate in many other local and global missions.
Local mission partners include:
- Roseville Area Middle School (RAMS) mini food shelf stocked with ready to eat and easily prepared foods, as well as hygiene items and school supplies.
- Central Park Elementary and RAMS. This is a weekend food program coordinated through the Sheridan Story. Volunteer to help at this SignUp Genius Page.
- Equal Exchange/Fair Trade Coffee, Cocoa, and Chocolate. Please support the Lutheran World Relief Coffee project. Coffee is available at the church office, sold at our cost.
- Food for Friends is Prince of Peace’s program which serves a meal to those in need in our community.
- Growing Through Loss
- Keystone Community Services Food Shelf in Roseville
- Lyngblomsten – Assisted Living facility in St. Paul
- Meals on Wheels: we deliver on the 3rd Monday of every month, contact Marie Hanson at 651-631-3565
- Plymouth Christian Youth Center
- Troop 150, Boy Scouts of America and a Girl Scout Troup meet at our facility.
Global mission partners include:
Kenya – Julia Harrington
Julia is based out of Nairobi, Kenya. She specializes in ministering to street children and AIDS/HIV patients in the slums of Kenya. She has spent time in Northern Kenya ministering to the Samburu people. She has also worked with widows in Kenya, helping them market their handicrafts to earn income. In addition to her work with the “Heart-to-Heart” ministries to street children, she provides orientation and training to incoming missionaries to Kenya.
On Sunday, Sept. 8 we return to our fall schedule with worship at 8:30 and 10:45 am. Join us at 9:40 am for service projects as we celebrate all that God has done for us and how we are entrusted to care for the world and one another. You can choose from a number of...
Volunteer Opportunity - September 21 You are invited to join others from Prince of Peace as we pack Bundles of Love on Saturday, Sept. 21 from 9-noon. There is no minimum age to participate – all ages are welcome! This event is sponsored by Do Good Roseville and the...
We are collecting school supplies all four Sundays of August for Central Park Elementary. In addition to the usual pencils, pens, crayons, glue, folders and notebooks they need community supplies including: tissues, scissors, Expo dry-erase markers, quart and sandwich zip-closing storage bags, paper towels, and all types of tape. Other needs are tennis shoes for PE and backpacks.