Missions & Outreach
We at Prince of Peace live out our mission and ministry together both locally and globally.
Missions & Outreach
Three of our major programs for mission and outreach are our Tanzanian Mission, our work with Habitat for Humanity, and our Befrienders’ Ministry. In addition, we participate in many other local and global missions.
Local mission partners include:
- Central Park Elementary and RAMS. This is a weekend food program coordinated through the Sheridan Story. Volunteer to help at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c49a4ae2caafb6-sheridan.
- Equal Exchange/Fair Trade Coffee, Cocoa, and Chocolate. Please support the Lutheran World Relief Coffee project. Coffee is available at the church office, sold at our cost.
- Food for Friends is Prince of Peace’s program which serves a meal to those in need in our community. A group of volunteers serves a supper at our church on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of every month for the non-profit organization, WAND (Women Achieving New Directions).
- Growing Through Loss
- Keystone Community Services Food Shelf in Roseville
- Lyngblomsten – Assisted Living facility in St. Paul
- Meals on Wheels: we deliver on the 3rd Monday of every month, contact Marie Hanson at 651-631-3565
- Plymouth Christian Youth Center
- Troop 150, Boy Scouts of America and a Girl Scout Troup meet at our facility.
Global mission partners include:
Kenya – Julia Harrington
Julia is based out of Nairobi, Kenya. She specializes in ministering to street children and AIDS/HIV patients in the slums of Kenya. She has spent time in Northern Kenya ministering to the Samburu people. She has also worked with widows in Kenya, helping them market their handcrafts to earn income. In addition to her work with the “Heart-to-Heart” ministries to street children, she provides orientation and training to incoming missionaries to Kenya.
The Social Concerns Committee is collecting much needed hygiene supplies and over-the-counter medications to support Caring Hearts Supply Drive for Homeless People for West Side Community Health’s Health Care for the Homeless and Continuum Care Center.read more
Mary & Joseph needed a place to stay and so do thousands of Minnesotans. 10% of our Christmas Eve offerings will be shared with Project Home which provides emergency shelter space for Ramsey County families facing homelessness.read more
We continue to distribute weekend food at both Central Park Elementary and Roseville Area Middle School. We need to fill up our volunteer slots for the rest of this school year.read more