Missions & Outreach
We at Prince of Peace live out our mission and ministry together both locally and globally.
Missions & Outreach
Three of our major programs for mission and outreach are our Tanzanian Mission, our work with Habitat for Humanity, and our Befrienders’ Ministry. In addition, we participate in many other local and global missions.
Local mission partners include:
- Roseville Area Middle School (RAMS) mini food shelf stocked with ready to eat and easily prepared foods, as well as hygiene items and school supplies.
- Central Park Elementary and RAMS. This is a weekend food program coordinated through the Every Meal. To volunteer to help click here to view available dates and times.
- Equal Exchange/Fair Trade Coffee, Cocoa, and Chocolate. Please support the Lutheran World Relief Coffee project. Coffee is available at the church office, sold at our cost.
- Keystone Community Services Food Shelf in Roseville
- Lyngblomsten – Assisted Living facility in St. Paul
- Meals on Wheels: we deliver on the 3rd Monday of every month, contact Jim Josephson
- Pack 15 and Troop 50 of the Boy Scouts of America and a two Girl Scout Troup meet at our facility.
Global mission partners include:
Kenya – Julia Harrington
Julia is based out of Nairobi, Kenya. She specializes in ministering to street children and AIDS/HIV patients in the slums of Kenya. She has spent time in Northern Kenya ministering to the Samburu people. She has also worked with widows in Kenya, helping them market their handicrafts to earn income. In addition to her work with the “Heart-to-Heart” ministries to street children, she provides orientation and training to incoming missionaries to Kenya. Julia and her husband Vincent are affiliated with World Mission Prayer League.
February 25 - April 7 Prince of Peace participates in this drive to restock over 300 food shelves in greater Minnesota. Food shelf usage is climbing at record levels. Now in its 43rd year, this is the largest food and fund drive in Minnesota involving faith...
Prince of Peace Work Dates: April 15 & May 15 Join volunteers from other area churches as Habitat for Humanity works towards completing the new construction build of two homes off Victoria Street in Roseville. Potential tasks: Painting Flooring Trim/finish work...
A great big thank you to all the people who donated school supplies to the Judy Florine School Supply Drive. Donations were delivered to the Central Park Elementary School social worker who said that the teachers would be thrilled to have these supplies to support...